I’m proud to say that this salad is my creation. I created it a while ago, and everyone who tasted it fell in love. We entertain a lot, and this salad is a star in almost every meal. Whenever we are invited to dinner, I’m asked to bring this cauliflower salad. I already gave the recipe to so many people and got so much great feedback that it’s time I finally posted it here.
Best Cauliflower Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ a lemon
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the cauliflower head into small florets and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and add 3 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet in one layer and roast in the pre-heated oven until cauliflower is nicely roasted, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and chill.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro and the sliced onion to the bowl.
- Add the chilled cauliflower to the bowl.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan and add the garlic. Saute just until the garlic is starting to brown. Pour the garlic and the oil into the large bowl with the tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Pour in the lemon juice, add some salt and cumin, and mix to well combine all the ingredients.
- Let rest for 30 minutes so the flavors are well absorbed.