I was in the mood for a flavorful chunky soup to accompany our taco dinner. Mexican style sounded good, so I winged it using stuff I have at home. It’s really an easy soup that only takes 10 minutes of preparation. And it comes out delicious. We enjoyed it so much so now we have a new keeper.
Corn soup Mexican Style
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cans sweet corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, minced
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbs chicken soup powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbs ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Plantain/tortilla chips (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until golden brown.
- Add the corn including the liquid, the diced tomatoes with the juice, the chipotle, water, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Using a hand blender, partially blend the soup, leaving almost half the content chunky.
- Add the chopped cilantro and top with some crunchy plantain or tortilla chips before serving.
Comments are closed.