This salad is a good way for me to eat my kale as I’m not a big kale eater. It is also very healthy and yummy, so what more could I ask for? I first had it in one of the farmers markets I used to sell at in South Florida. I was attracted to the salad because of its vibrant colors and its refreshing look. I was indeed a happy customer once I tasted it, and so I recreated it at home, with some tiny changes, and now I get to share it with you as well.
Kale, Bean, and Avocado Salad
- 1 bunch fresh kale, chopped into 2 inch wedges (leaves only)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into small wedges
- 1 large avocado, pitted and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and saute the sliced garlic on medium heat, until garlic is starting to brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. Allow all flavors to absorb for about an hour before serving.
This sounds like a great recipe, have not had avocado and beans before but like the idea of it. Thanks for sharing
It actually goes very well together. enjoy!
Comments are closed.